Thursday, March 6, 2014

Oculus Updated

First of all, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to share your thoughts about Oculus. As tends to happen, I forget that anyone who reads the instructions hasn't been living with the game inside their head and as a result somethings were a little too open ended. I'm also not particularly good at proofreading, so typos and unfinished sentences were also an unintended feature. I went through the rules again and tried to edit and clarify.

I also made a change to the Focus table. Sometimes a single word isn't enough to create a solid base for a viewing. The Lens column allows you to make an additional roll that will further clarify the scene. It's entirely up to the player whether to roll a Lens for every viewing, or if they want to use it only when they find themselves stuck on the Focus.

This is still a work in progress, so future changes are likely. Especially if I keep getting great feedback from those who have read it. Also, if you have given it a try let me know how it goes. If you post your Oculus sessions online, leave a link so that others can come see what your Oculus is showing you.




No comments:

Post a Comment